POU (PEACOCK) is a South African gothic horror following the journey of a young woman into the dark recesses of the Afrikaner psyche and its compromised past.
ANNA POHL (Tarryn Wyngaard) has grown up in an institutionalised space: a puritanical, Calvinist organisation known simply as The Foundation. Their mission is to provide a place of ‘righteous innocence’ for young women – to allow them to develop away from the ‘corruptions’ of the outside world. When Anna transgresses The Foundation’s strict moral standards, she is sent away to care for one of its founding members, SAREL CILLIERS (Johan Botha), an Apartheid-era theologian now ailing on his isolated farm.
Awards and Festivals
POU (2022), DIRECTED BY JACO MINNAAR
- Razor Reel Fantastic Film Festival – Special Mention, Young Blood Award
- South African Horror Festival – Best Poster Art
- South African Horror Festival - Best Male Lead
- South African Horror Festival - Best Feature Film
- South African HorrorFest
- Razor Reel Flanders Film Festival
- Buffalo International Film Festival
- Romford Horror Festival
- Winter Film Awards International Film Festival
- Idyllwild International Festival of Cinema
- Nevermore Film Festival